Monday, November 13, 2006

It's late at night, and I've had a snack, which is contrary to my usual habit, but a couple pieces of sausage that were in the fridge allow me to surf without fear of getting hungry when I run into a bunch of food news.

By the bye, if the weather forecast says it's going down to -15F, just go ahead and plug in the damn car, or it'll just go down to -30 and let you panic about the fact that your car isn't plugged in. It's fine, thank you for asking. But still.

Now, on to news of the comestible...

Well... umm... thanks for clearing that up.

Is it REALLY double the Stuf? (from)

While we're at Tasting Menu, this was too funny

Not food but service-related: Waiter, as usual, serves up an awesome story; I can't wait for his book.

(above crossposted from my other blog)

Personal non-crossposted:

Part of me liked real foodservice better than what I do now. I'm at a level of management that builds a resume, has no real power or required skill but to act as intermediary between the staff and the managers, but is expected by both to take care of things (totally different things), and I don't even have the basic beginning training papers for the cafe in my personnel file. I'm probably working as hard physically though not as evenly, doing more lifting and quite a bit of running. Someone I work with has offered to keep her ear to the ground and try to find me an office-type 9-to-5. I'll see what happens. Right now, I don't know what's up with our management (my direct boss has resigned due to his own frustrations with upper management and Corporate America and this being Not Even Real Food) or what I'm supposed to be doing, though I'm told I'm doing it well. If nothing else wanders my way, though, I'll stick it out--because a supervisory position does build a resume. Also, I get massive book and game discounts I'm not yet willing to give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home